Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Steven Soderbergh donates $10,000 to Spike Lee's Kickstarter campaign

The 'Behind the Candelabra' director pledged a hefty chunk of cash to help Lee's new project get off the ground.



Spike Lee's Kickstarter campaign only launched on Monday, and he already has a celebrity 

donor.
The "Red Hook Summer" director revealed that fellow Hollywood filmmaker Steven Soderbergh 

pledged $10,000 to the campaign, the maximum donation amount available.
RELATED: SODERBERGH HAPPY THAT 'CANDELABRA' LANDED ON HBO
That means that Soderbergh has earned dinner with Lee and a courtside seat at a Knicks 

game.
"I'm taking him to dinner and we're going to the game together," Lee told NextMovie. "I 

don't even know if he likes sports! So I'm gonna pick the game for him. But I'm giving a 

huge shout-out to my man Steven Soderberergh for the support and I'm really humbled with 

Steven coming on board and doing that."
RELATED: SO MUCH FOR STEVEN SODERBERGH'S RETIREMENT!
Lee is seeking $1,250,000 to fund a mysterious new film project, which he describes as 

"funny, sexy, and bloody (and it's not 'Blacula')."
"I have a different vision of what cinema can be, a different vision of what some under-

served audiences might want to see," Lee wrote. "That is why I am here on Kickstarter, to 

raise the funds for the new Spike Lee joint, to get this bad boy financed."
RELATED: SPIKE LEE SUPPORTS MADISON SQUARE GARDEN STAYING PUT
"I promise on my mother's grave and right hand to the almighty-ever red cent, every wooden 

nickel, every dollar will go up on the screen and not into my pocket," the director 

continued.
As of publication, Lee had raised $107,434, with another 28 days to go to reach his goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment